GRAPHIC DESIGNER (ST. LOUIS)
We are seeking a Graphic Designer with 1-3 years of in-house or agency experience. The person in this role will help assist art directors and senior designers with production design, pre-press, and social media.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Graphic and Digital Design
Must be a conceptual thinker, skilled designer, pre-press guru, and web-savvy (do not need to be a web-developer, but some design for web is needed).
Ability to multitask and assist during any stage of a project.
Work within time constraints to meet deadlines, while staying cool and creative.
The Nitty Gritty (Required Skills):
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong layout skills
- Pre-press experience is required
- Photo-editing skills
- Strong communication skills – not afraid to ask lots of questions, ask for help, notify us when something is outside your area of expertise, pick up the phone and/or send emails in order to maintain an open workplace
- Social media savvy
- Detail oriented – measure twice and cut once
- Ability to embrace constructive criticism and praise in order to grow
- Strong organizational skills
- MOST IMPORTANT: Strong work ethic with a passion for design. You perform assigned tasks and then some. You are an advocate for our clients and our agency. You strive to find the best, most creative solutions for every project. You understand that 9-5 is the norm and we respect your time, but you are willing to work until deadlines are met, when needed.
Not required, but a plus:
- WordPress CMS content update experience
- Web design and/or development experience
- Original illustration skills
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING:
$34,000 – $40,000 depending on experience
10 paid holidays
Paid vacation and sick time
401K + company match
Unlimited creative fuel (coffee)!
Please send us your resume, a link to your online portfolio, and a detailed explanation of your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the phrase “Yellow Post-It Note” in the subject line of your email.
If your portfolio samples of work were part of a team, please explain in detail what role(s) you played for each. If your work includes stock images or illustrations, please detail project requirements and the usage/edits of images.